Saturday, October 28, 2006

Ya Gotta Start Someplace

I have been wanting to start a blog for some time. Perhaps not a blog. Perhaps just a place to go and write. To get it off my chest. To get this stuff out of my head. If your reading my posts - please feel welcome, but also please know that I am doing this for me. Not for you. If you do not like my posts - please - as the doctor tells the patient who's head hurts when he pounds it with a hammer - "don't do that." - but you are always welcome.

There is humor in almost all aspects of my life. Home, work, and play. Most of my humor comes from the frustrations I feel as I wrestle my way through life.

My job is to turn political policies into technical specifications - and it's funny.

My little girls are 6 and 4 years old - and I am 44. They wear me out. And it's funny.

My wife, chief of the bingo halls, best friend to play with, but the cause of my early grey. And it's funny.

I live on the border between Canada and the United States. I have lived equal times in both countries - but in different eras - and I compare and contrast them with the best of them. And it's funny.

And then there is my golf game. It's funny. But it is also the basis for how I approach life: One hole at a time, keep you head down, follow through, and every once in a while you have to "grip it and rip it".

I do not know the frequency I will be posting here, but I am hoping it will be frequent. And I hope that if you find this interesting - you'll be sure to let me know.



© 2006 - 2020 Fred Brill - all rights reserved